As we start the new year, let’s look ahead at what the next 12 months might hold for video marketing.
In December 2017, a survey of 570 unique respondents—both marketing professionals and online consumers— painted a picture of the future of video marketing. The survey categorized respondents as either marketers or consumers to ensure they were only prompted to answer relevant questions.
So what were the big takeaways?
Continue reading Video Marketing Statistics in 2018
Marketing intelligence doesn’t need to be lengthy in order to actionable. Here are the seventeen most relevant marketing stats you need to be aware of in 2018.
- By 2019, 80% of all global consumer internet traffic will be video-based content (Source: SmallBizTrends)
- Everyday, 8 billion video views occur on Facebook (Source: Social Media Today)
- Video viewing on mobile devices rises 100% annually according to YouTube (Source: Hubspot)
- 55% of people watch videos online daily (Source: Digital Information World)
- 92% of consumers who watch video on mobile devices share those videos (Source: RendrFx)
- 90% of consumers state that videos help their decision-making process for a product (Source: Hubspot)
- People share videos 1200% more than text and image combined (Source: SmallBizTrends)
- Facebook videos reach 135% more consumers than static photo posts (Source: Social Media Today)
- The inclusion of a video on a homepage can increase conversion rates by 80% (Source: Unbounce)
- 64% of people are more likely to purchase a product online after viewing a video related to the product (Source: Hubspot)
- Companies enjoy 41% more web traffic when they use video than when they do not (Source: SmallBizTrends)
- 59% of top executives prefer to watch video if they have a choice between video and text (Source: Digital Information World)
- Live social video engages audiences more than prerecorded video. Audiences will spend 3 times as long watching live video. (Source: Social Media Today)
- Click-through rates increase 200-300% when videos are attached in emails (Source: Hubspot)
- According to users, the most efficient video content includes: Customer testimonials (51%); Tutorial videos (50%); Demonstration videos (49%) (Source: Curata)
- 80% of users remember a video advertisement they watched in the last month (Source: Hubspot)
- 67% of marketers stated video marketing is a somewhat successful marketing approach (Source: Digital Information World)
Continue reading Video Marketing Stats Your Business Needs to Know in 2018