As companies like Facebook begin responding to public demands to curb click bait, its more important than ever to engage your audience with valuable content. Leading social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, are heavily focused on a video-first strategy this year. Video content is here to stay for the foreseeable future. But creating original, share-worthy content isn’t always so easy. If you are at a loss for ideas, here are our top 9 suggestions to help launch your video marketing strategy.
Introduce your Company through an Overview
What makes your brand stand out? What makes your company unique? A video overview gives your audience an idea of who you are. By highlighting your business’s strengths, you can distinguish yourself among similar products and services. Video makes you memorable. It creates more effective brand awareness within your local community than images or written content. Video sharing on social media has a 135% greater organic reach than photos alone. You can share your company’s value with the following methods:
- Repurpose written content such as blog posts into video format for your website.
- Share staff or customer testimonials.
- Pin the video post to the top of your social media pages.
Make an Announcement
Regardless of your size, social media engagement is a must for any business in 2018. Social media is part of the daily routine for most customers. This means your business’s digital footprint can enjoy active engagement in the form of likes, comments, and shares. Not sure what to share? We suggest:
- Share a new product.
- Emphasize new features or services.
- Announce special events.
- Advertise special promotions.
Familiarize Your Customers with a Product Demo
Four times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it. This strategy not only introduces a product, but by showing your product in action, it cultivates trust in your brand and promotes conversion. For your demo video:
- Keep it simple. Let your product sell itself. Show what it can do and how.
- Give a before-and-after video to demonstrate the purpose of your product or service.
Showcase your Expertise
Create videos about relevant industry updates to showcase your expertise in the field. Buffer, for example, explains the latest Facebook updates in their video posts. Through reliable and informative posts, Buffer markets itself as the go-to source for social media info and keeps its audience engaged.
- Feature guest experts and leaders in your industry. For example, using a fitness expert can help boost media traffic for a gym.
- Create a fast text-based video with industry stats and quotes from experts.
Educate your Customers with a How-To Video
Google’s how-to queries spiked last year. There are two major benefits for creating how-to videos: You create value to customers and potential clients while simultaneously demonstrating the value of your product. Take a look at this tutorial by Peanut Blossom, a lifestyle blog and partner of Animoto. This video propelled their following by thousands. Here are some tips for tutorials:
- Learn from this Demonstrate how to use your product in a creative way.
- Give tips related to your field or industry. A realtor, for example, can share a video on house staging tips and ideas.
Send an Event RSVP
Sending an event RSVP can help you pinpoint what content from your customer base generates engagement. It can create awareness and give you an idea what interests your customers. By sharing video ads for an annual online event, my company received thousands of RVSPs. We suggest that you:
- Share event teasers before the event.
- Create a recap to keep interest high among those who RSVP
Promote Confidence— Create a Customer Testimonial
Capitalize on reviews and the positive experiences of your customers by sharing testimonials in a video. There’s a reason satisfied customers are the most valuable form of marketing. To effectively share testimonials:
- Create a text series of short quotes from customers.
- Include screenshots of Yelp or Google reviews.
Produce Seasonal Content
Everyone loves holidays! But you don’t have to limit yourself to consumer holidays. Regularly sharing is the surest way to grow your following, increase engagement, and start conversions. Capitalize on social holidays by interacting regularly with your audience and engaging with your customer feed.
- Create promos for social holidays like friendship day or selfie day.
- Incorporate trending events or hashtags.
Spice Up your Q&As
A HubSpot survey recently announced that 43% of customers prefer videos to static content. This preference includes how your company interacts with its customers. You can utilize video platforms in order to provide thoughtful customer service and communicate with your audience on a regular basis in order to keep your company relevant.
- Include online reviews in order to address any concerns about your product or service.
- Create a weekly or monthly video roundup to answer customer questions.
- Enrich your FAQs with creative 1-on-1 support videos.
As major social platforms prioritize video, keep your business relevant in 2018! Creating an effective video strategy is easier than you think. Take advantage of these tips and start creating content today!